20090409

Brooklyn Baby

New York is one of those places I could always go back to. I'm not a big fan of Times Square or most of Manhattan as a matter of fact, as it felt like a cross between Leicester Square and Disneyland. Brooklyn, however was a different story. My homeboys Culture & Divine were my guides when I went last year. One place that captured my heart was Williamsburg. It's got a wonderful essence of its own that words can't describe. There's so many hidden treasures there, from the Vegan cafes covered in Brooklyn Renaissance style art from local artists, the little bars with amazing live bands, to the little weird & wonderful boutiques. That place oozes eclecticism, talent, culture and freshness. Dam I miss that place, it feels like somewhere I've been homesick for that I never knew existed. I met some beautiful people there with beautiful souls; all on the same Quest....

Photobucket

Culture & Divine. Stand up!

Currently bumping: Roy Ayers: We live in Brooklyn Baby